The train is pulled by a 1949 ALCO disel-electric locomotive that is painted in a scheme reminiscent of the N.C. & St. L. (Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis) locomotives that once operated over this railroad, which was the Huntsville Branch of N.C. & St. L. back in the late 1800's. It originally ran from Elora, Tennessee to Hobb's Island and from there the train was transported by ferry to Guntersville. From Guntersville, the train continued by rails to Gadsden and then connected to other railroads. The last commercial train to run over the M&C track was in 1984.
more photos on next page!