Quietdale was the dream house of William Robinson, high sheriff of Madison County and a weathly landowner in the 1800's. Quietdale Plantation was built by Dr. William Burritt's
grandmother, Caroline Moore Robinson, circa 1850's after the death of her husband but following his building plans to the letter. The mansion contains sixteen rooms plus an adjacent six-room building that was originally used for the kitchen and as slave quarters for the 111 slaves owned by the Robinsons.
Free Huntsville Newsletter