1. Clean skillet after use while still warm with hot water and a plastic scrub brush.
2. DO NOT put in dishwasher or wash with soap or dishwashing detergent.
3. Dry cast iron cookware thoroughly after washing, then spray lightly with vegetable oil (Pam, etc.) Wipe dry and store. Never store cookware with lid on; cast iron cookware needs air circulation.
4. Reseason cookware after cooking beans or acidic foods (such as tomatoes). Frying or cooking foods with fat content helps expedite the seasoning process.
5. Do not use cast iron cookware for storage of food.